Found in the Outer Sunset neighborhood, Yum Yum Fish is a take-out establishment that specializes in sushi and seafood. Situated within walking distance to Golden Gate Park, the fish has a reputation for being incredibly fresh with cuts that “melt off the tongue.” It is a popular hot spot for lunch. Serving the San Francisco population since 1980, Yum Yum Fish has built a solid name for providing fresh, tasty Japanese sushi and other seafood choices at an affordable price.
Address: 2181 Irving St
(between 22nd Ave & 23rd Ave)
Phone: (415) 566-6433
The menu items for Yum Yum Fish are perfect for satisfying a craving for sushi as many past customers have noted. While you can purchase fish by the pound, the fish market also sells fresh sashimi and rolls, such as the Dynamite Roll (made with tuna, albacore tuna, avocado, and chili sauce) and the sizeable Yum Yum Roll (consisting of tuna, salmon, albacore, yellowtail, shrimp, BBQ eel, squid, tobiko, avocado, and cucumber).
The fish market also sells Uni, Chirashi, California rolls, Mackeral, Spicy Scallop, and Unagi.
Other menu highlights include:
• The Spider Roll, which offers a generous amount of crab, and is made with deep-fried soft shell crab, avocado, cucumber, and masago (fish egg).
• An impressive variety of poke options, including salmon, tuna, octopus, and yellowtail.
Keep in mind that there is a 10% cutting service charge, but you can expect plated fish slices to come with wasabi and Daikon shreds.
In addition to sampling a Sashimi combo for lunch or ordering a Sushi Platter for a party, past customers also praise the following items on the menu for Yum Yum Fish:
• Although the Salmon Kamikaze is a simple roll, the avocado has been described as soft and the salmon as fresh, which “sure did taste good.”
• The Salmon Poke is made fresh to order with “no poke sitting around in buckets being scooped out.” Customers have described the poke as being tender and very soft.
• You can order slices of Tuna by the pound, which is “really soft and easy to cut.” Customers have used it to make a tuna tartar, and if you want larger orders, it is suggested to call ahead because the tuna tends to sell out towards the end of the day.
As Yum Yum Fish is meant to serve the sushi take-out population, customers do recommend calling ahead (about 15-20 minutes) before picking up food.
Closest Golden Gate Park Attractions
The closest attraction in Golden Gate Park to Yum Yum Fish is the Elk Glen Meadow.
Hours: Daily hours are from 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. with the last orders taken at 7:15 p.m.