For a boisterous good time, San Francisco locals gather at the Kezar Pub – a pub-style establishment offering traditional American eats in the Haight-Ashbury District. Situated within walking distance to Golden Gate Park, many come to the pub to enjoy a good meal, as it is noted as one of the best places in town to watch soccer and other sports. With a variety of beers and multiple televisions for sports enthusiasts, the place really gets going on game days. While munching on burgers, fries, nachos, and Buffalo wings, the Kezar Pub also entertains with darts, pool and video games.
Address: 770 Stanyan St
(between Beulah St & Waller St)
Phone: (415) 386-9292
The Kezar Pub menu offers Starters (such as Calamari, Black Bean Quesadillas, and Kezar Corn Dogs), Tacos (chicken, mahi mahi, and roasted vegetable), World Famous Wings(served with bleu cheese, carrots, and celery), Soup & Salads (including Greek, Spinach, and Cobb), Sandwiches (such as the Chicken Club and Grilled Mahi Mahi), Burgers (including turkey, grilled chicken, and Boca options), and Sides, such as cheese fries and guacamole.
Other menu highlights include:
• Pub Favorites include Bangers and Mash (two British style sausages served with mashed potatoes, grilled onions and baked beans) and Shepherd’s Pie (an Irish pub favorite made with Niman Ranch beef).
• A Breakfast Menu featuring pancakes, French toast, omelettes, and Kezar favorites, such as the Veggie Hash (a potato pancake served with an assortment of vegetables such as zucchini, bell peppers, red onions, mushrooms) and Huevos Rancheros (a corn tortilla topped with jack cheese, two eggs, and ranchero sauce).
In addition to enjoying a full bar or sampling a Full Irish Breakfast with white and black puddings, past customers of the Kezar Pub often praise the following menu items:
• The Buffalo Wings have been called ‘the best in San Francisco’ – and the ranch is recommended over the Blue cheese. The BBQ sauce wings are described as sweet and spicy.
• The Seasonal Salads are made with seasonal selections, such as peaches, strawberries, and beets, and have been deemed ‘very delicious.’
• Try the homemade chips, which patrons rave are the ‘thinnest and tastiest.’
Closest Golden Gate Park Attractions
Some of the closest attractions in Golden Gate Park to the Kezar Pub include Kezar Stadium (the former home of the NFL’s 49ers) and the Conservatory of Flowers.
Hours: Mon: 11:30 a..m. – 12:00 a.m. Tues – Fri: 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 a.m. Sat and Sun: 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m. Sun: 6:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.