When looking for a different way to celebrate the Halloween season, the California Academy of Sciences has planned a spooky event for you. On Saturday, October 29, 2011, the museum will create a haunted haven for adults and kids alike – from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
From winning raffle prizes to trick-or-treating in the midst of animals and specimens, there is sure to be something for everyone. Other festivities to look forward to include:
• Magical face-painting
• Costume parade
• Halloween movie showing in the planetarium
• Live music
• Photo booth snapshots
• Free trick-or-treat bags for those in costume
• Complimentary kid-friendly dinner and drinks
• Magic shows and hands-on activities
Tickets for Supernatural 2011
You can purchase tickets for Supernatural 2011 by phone (415) 379-5411 or pay a visit to the California Academy of Sciences website. There are a few packages to consider that offer an array of benefits.
• For $500, a family of two adults and four children can enjoy an early dinner and behind-the-scenes tour of an Academy research collection. The family is also eligible to win Cirque du Soleil tickets and take home a gift bag. Parking is included in this package. The Early Dinner Admittance is from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
• For $250, two adults and two children will attend an early dinner at 6 p.m. They are also eligible to win Cirque du Soleil tickets. Gift bag and complimentary parking is included.
• Individual tickets are also available for the event: adult ($50), adult member ($45), child under 17 years old ($35), and child member ($30).
The proceeds for Supernatural 2011 go to support Academy programs, such as yearly field trips that accommodate 130,000 students. For more information, check out http://www.calacademy.org/events/halloween_2011/