This weekend, the San Francisco County Fair Building (located at 9th Ave at Lincoln Way) will open its doors to host the S.F. Gesneriad Society Rare Plant Sale on Saturday (May 31st 2008). Between 10am and 3:30pm, you can browse an exciting collection of exotic and rare plants that are sure to liven up your household with energizing shades of green, soft violet, bold reds, and regal purple.
• saintpaulia (African violet) – an eastern tropical African plant
• episcia (flame violet) – with an intriguing leaf pattern and flashes of red
• sinningia (florist gloxinia) – offering an exotic display of leaves and flowers
• streptocarpus (cape primrose) – meaning ‘twisted fruit’
• nematanthus (goldfish plant) – uses distinctively shaped blooms to attract hummingbirds
• aeschynanthus (lipstick vine) – scarlet flowers with a rather odd shape
I guarantee finding prices for cuttings and potted plants that range from $1 to $8 is a rare thing as well. However, if you’re looking for a one-of-a-kind prize for your living room mantle or desk at work? Expect to pay a bit higher.
Worried that you aren’t equipped to care for something quite this unique in the plant world? Don’t fret – tons of experts are more than willing to answer all of your questions and give advice. If you’d like additional details on this FREE event – contact 650-359-1719 or visit http://www.sfgesneriads.org/.