Don’t you think it’s time you dusted off your running shoes?
Countless individuals and organizations have already discovered Golden Gate Park as the perfect sanctuary for relaxation, reflection, and running. Just this past weekend, the first 5K BeatSarcoma Fun Run and Walk was held on March 30th – able to meet their fundraising goal of $10,000 for sarcoma research.
On April 13th, the San Francisco Dolphin South End Running Club will kick up their heels at the Golden Gate Park 10K, which starts and finishes at Kennedy Drive and Traverse.
I’d also like to point out that throughout the year – a satisfying collection of exciting (and entertaining) running get-togethers allows participants to support a good cause; get the heart pumping; and fill the air with laughter. A few Golden Gate Park events to keep an eye out for in the future includes:
• San Francisco Great Gorilla Run 7K (June) – raise funds to support the last remaining gorillas in the world by slipping into a gorilla suit and running through the park.
• AIDS Walk San Francisco – July 20th, 2008 – a day of healing and support.
• Banana Chase 5K & 10K – September 14th, 2008 – gather at Kezar Stadium in Golden Gate Park to raise money for the UCSF Children’s Hospital at UCSF Medical Center
• Turkey Park Trot 5K (November) – a kid-friendly event where pilgrims and turkeys rule.
• Run Wild (November) – participants come dressed in original customs with hopes of winning cash, prizes, and creative recognition – an event hosted by the California Academy of Sciences.