This weekend, come to Golden Gate Park for the long awaited, highly anticipated reopening of the new and improved California Academy of Sciences. Here you will find an event that showcases knowledgeable conservationists, the talents of highflying Chinese acrobats, dance performers, eco-friendly experts, and incredible live music. Saturday provides a free ticket into one of the most innovative museums in the world – an outing for the entire family to enjoy.
This joyous event begins at 8:30am with an opening ceremony that highlights the architect, executive director, mayor, and other public officials responsible for making this dream come true. Some of the exciting festivities and features to look forward to include:
• A band that uses “found” objects (bottles, birdcages, saws, etc) to make sweet music.
• Tasty sustainable food samples from all over the world.
• Enlightening and fun kid-friendly activities – like face painting.
• Ben & Jerry’s sweet frozen treats.
• Continuous entertainment situated in the Music Concourse, such as the Nigerian Masquerade Drummers, Cotton Candy Express, and Circus Center.
Once you step inside the Academy, it’s time to rediscover all of the natural treasures awaiting your curiosity, including a rainforest measuring four stories, breathtaking Philippine coral reef, and close to 38,000 live animals, including penguins, butterflies, and the rare white alligator. Have you ever caught sight of living roof? Here is your chance! Don’t miss out on the official re-opening of the California Academy of Sciences on Saturday until 9pm. Keep in mind that a Sunday visit this weekend (9am to 5pm) requires an admission fee. For more details, visit www.calacademy.org/.