Located in the Outer Sunset neighborhood, Pho Huynh Hiep 2 (Kevin’s Noodle House) is a Vietnamese restaurant found one block away from Golden Gate Park that has a reputation in the Bay Area for serving the “Best Pho in Town.” Locals come to the eatery to enjoy a good bowl of pho known for its tasty broth and noodles. The restaurant also has a reputation for fast service, offering reasonably priced food, and using the freshest daily ingredients available.
Address: 1833 Irving St
(between 19th Ave & 20th Ave)
Phone: (415) 664-0469
Pho Huynh Hiep 2 offers a menu with a variety of Appetizers (from fried chicken wings to fried shrimp cakes), Rice Plates, Soups, Side Orders (such as shredded pork and extra noodles), and Vermicelli (served with things like grilled pork, beef or chicken). Beverages at the restaurant include options such as Vietnamese ice black coffee, fresh lemonade, pearl milk tea, and salted plum soda. You may consider capping off a meal with one of their desserts, such as Red Jelly Tapioca Seed or a Red Bean Drink.
Other menu highlights include:
• Special Shakes, such as the Sinh Tố Dưa Mật (honey dew shake with pearl) and Sinh Tố Bơ (avocado shake with pearl). Other shake flavors incorporate fruits and flavors, such as watermelon, lychee, mango, mocha, coconut, and pineapple.
• Special Seafood Dishes that include ingredients such as shrimp, squid, fish cakes, and imitation crab meat served with egg, rice or clear noodles.
In addition to savoring the flavorful, deep broth, tasting the fresh spring rolls, and enjoying affordable combination plates, past customers praise the following items found on the menu for Pho Huynh Hiep 2:
• The Cha Gio, which is deep fried Vietnamese egg rolls taro, clear vermicelli, pork, and shrimp is “really good” and comes with a “nice dipping sauce.”
• For a “very incredible and satisfying meal,” try Cơm Sườn Lạp Xưởng Tàu Hủ Ky (#46 on the menu), which is pork chop with rice served with Chinese sausage, a shrimp cake, and soup. It is recommended to try with the egg as a topping, which some say “seals the deal.”
• The menu offers clear noodles, which some customers say is a winner, and they suggest that the seafood with clear noodle is a must-try.
Closest Golden Gate Park Attractions
The closest attractions in Golden Gate Park to Pho Huynh Hiep 2 are Elk Glen Meadow and Mother’s Playground.
Hours: Daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.