During the day, children fill the California Academy of Sciences (CAS) to learn about nature and other wonders of science. But, for a couple of times in the year, the museum becomes an after-hours playland for those who participate in the Penguins+Pajamas Academy sleepover package. The price to enjoy such an experience is $99/person for members and $119/person for non-members. There are also group rates available for groups of 10 or more.
The program is geared towards children between the ages of 6 and 17, who must be accompanied by an adult chaperone that is 25 years or older.
Sleepovers at CAS include:
- An overnight stay in African Hall, Aquarium, Lower Swamp, or Islands of Evolution
- Live snake demonstration and alligator talk
- Rainforests of the World Exhibit until 8 p.m.
- Two Planetarium showings of Fragile Planet
- Next-day museum admission, breakfast, and late-night snacks
- Overnight parking in Music Concourse Garage
- Commemorative gift
Other sleepover dates for 2011 include:
- July 15 – Friday
- August 20 – Saturday
- October 15 – Saturday
- November 12 – Saturday
- December 30 – Friday
Additional details can be found on the California Academy of Sciences website.