Located in the Inner Sunset neighborhood, Pasion is a restaurant specializing in modern Latin cuisine, which can be found within walking distance to Golden Gate Park. Meals offer a glimpse into the fiery cooking styles of Latino-Caribbean, South, and Central American dishes, as patrons come to enjoy brunch, lunch and dinner at the eatery.
Address: 737 Irving St
(between 9th Ave & 8th Ave)
Phone: (415) 742-5727
In addition to a Brunch Menu and Bar Menu, customers may come to enjoy a collection of lunch or dinner entrees.
The Lunch Menu offers a Ceviche Bar (featuring salmon, halibut, ahi tuna, and shrimp creations), Appetizers (including Guacamole, Crispy Chicken Wings, and Skillet Roasted Shrimp) , Oysters, Soup & Salads (including a Peruvian shrimp bisque), Sandwiches & Entrées (such as Shrimp Po’ Boys and Avocado Crabwiches), and Side Orders, such as plantains and steamed rice.
The Dinner Menu is comprised of Appetizers (featuring pan roasted mussels, lamb meatballs, and shrimp bisque), Ceviche Bar (with the choice to choose one, three or four options), Oysters, Main Courses (broken down into fish & seafood, meat & poultry, and vegetarian dishes), and Sides, such as sautéed spinach, yucca fries, and sautéed mushrooms.
The Dessert Menu features sweet treats, such as Canela Tres Leches, which is a three milk cinnamon cake with chocolate sauce and Chantilly cream.
Other menu highlights include:
• Happy Hour is held from Monday thru Friday (4 p.m. to 6 p.m.), offering signature drink specials, wine specials, beer discounts, and half off of bar bites.
• Oysters (ostras) are served on the lunch and dinner menu – on the half shell with a mango mignonette and served with a chipotle cocktail sauce. Choose from blue points and hamma hamma.
In addition to sipping on creative cocktails or trying out the passion fruit mustard on the El Cubano roasted pork sandwiches, past customers of Pasion often praise the following menu items:
• Out of a tasting of four ceviches (ahi tuna, lobster, salmon, and shrimp), patrons note the hint of vanilla found in the Lobster Ceviche is ‘incredibly refreshing.’
• Even people who do not like lamb have tried the Lamb Meatballs (which come with a nice dipping sauce) were satisfied – some saying that they were ‘tasty but not oversalted.’
• The Mussels are apparently a winner, as some patrons believe they are the best in San Francisco because instead of being served with the typical garlic white wine sauce, Pasion uses a chorizo sauce and serves with grilled bread.
Closest Golden Gate Park Attractions
The closest attractions in Golden Gate Park to Pasion are the Baseball Field and the San Francisco Botanical Garden.
Hours: Mon-Fri – from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Mon-Thu – from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Fri-Sat – from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Sat-Sun – from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Sun –from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.