Located in the Inner Sunset neighborhood, Jenny’ s Burger is a hamburger joint situated within walking distance to Golden Gate Park. With a reputation for serving generous food portions at reasonable prices, and delivering burgers cooked perfect-to-order using a rotating grill, Jenny’s is a highly rated, popular eatery in San Francisco. Another highlight of the restaurant is the unlimited condiment and toppings bar that allows diners to build and upgrade their burgers.
Address: 1233 9th Ave
(between Lincoln Way & Irving St)
Phone: (415) 753-1453
Of course the menu at Jenny’s Burgers will include an assortment of hamburgers (such as bacon-cheeseburgers and the Hawaiian burger with teriyaki sauce and pineapple), but the eatery also sells Hot Dogs (plain or topped with cheese and/or chili) and other entrée options. You may also choose a cod fish burger, turkey burger, ground salmon burger, and low-fat meatless patties.
Sandwiches include Steak & Cheese, Italian Chicken with marinara sauce, and Grilled Cheese. Available Chicken items include Country Style Fried Chicken – four pieces of chicken served with French fries or macaroni) and Buffalo Wings. Side orders to choose from include onion rings, French fries, cheese fries, chili fries, and chili (cup or bowl).
Other highlights of the restaurant include:
• The condiment bar is a favorite amongst diners, which includes (but is not limited to) shredded lettuce, whole lettuce, tomatoes, chopped/minced red onions, jalapenos, raw mushrooms, pickles, beets, and raw green bell peppers.
• You can order a Combo to enjoy a discount on an entrée (cheeseburger, grilled chicken, hot dog, garden burger or turkey burger), French fries and a soda.
In addition to cooling off with a milkshake or sampling the sweet potato fries, past customers often praise the following items served at Jenny’ s Burger:
• The Avocado Burger is just one of the burgers that deliver the best bang for your buck – with a meaty 8-ounce portion of meat for less than $10. This particular selection is topped with half of an avocado, which customers say is a ‘pretty good deal given that other burger places usually gives you less.’
• The California-style Veggie Burger with sautéed mushrooms and onions is a favorite amongst patrons.
• The Challenger is quite popular with diners who enjoy their burgers on the larger side and with more substance, as it comes loaded with mushrooms, cheese, bacon, and avocado.
Closest Golden Gate Park Attractions
The closest attractions in Golden Gate Park to Jenny’s Burger are the San Francisco Botanical Garden and the Baseball Field. Customers often enjoy the ample parking for 9th Ave patrons that is located only one block away – just inside of the park.
Hours: Mon-Sat – from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sun – from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.