Located on the northwest side of Golden Gate Park, seniors aged 55 and over, come from all over San Francisco to gather at the Golden Gate Park Senior Center. Providing a place to socialize, stay fit, and expand their minds, the Center offers a wide range of classes that include dance, art, and exercise.
Classes and Activities
Throughout the year, the Golden Gate Park Senior Center is constantly delivering an assortment of stimulating classes and activities. To sign up or to receive more information, simply call the Center at (415) 666-7079. To get an idea of the kinds of activities you may look forward to, consider the following possibilities:
• Games –Various table, board and card games are offered, such as Mah Jong, Pinochle, Intermediate Bridge Lessons, Bridge Tournaments, and Bingo.
• Language Classes – It’s never too late to learn a new language and the Center provides instruction in languages, such as Mandarin and Japanese.
• Arts – Explore your creative side with a variety of arts and crafts, which include portrait painting, jewelry making, ceramics, knitting and crocheting.
• Music – Let the rhythm take control as you exercise your vocals and discover hidden talents with activities, such as karaoke, singing, playing the ukulele, guitar jam sessions.
• Dance – Kick up your heels as you explore different forms of dance, such as Chinese folk, Hawaiian, line dancing, and ballroom.
• Fitness – Keep the body physically sound by engaging in activities, such as Zumba, stretching, low- and mid-impact aerobics, relaxation techniques, strength and conditioning.
• Outdoor Recreation – Adventures in the outdoors are often offered, including the modern version of a treasure hunt – better known as geocaching. By using recorded geographic coordinates that point to a specific location, it’s your job to uncover a hidden package.
Address: 6101 Fulton Street
Phone Number: (415) 666-7079
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday – Friday
Closed Saturday and Sunday