With the juke box playing or karaoke blaring, you will find the Irish pub fare at Durty Nelly’s situated close to Golden Gate Park – a perfect place to enjoy lunch before heading out to see the sights. Located in the Outer Sunset neighborhood, the pub offers a place to relax, mingle, and fill up before exploring all that San Francisco has to offer. From discovering a Full Irish Breakfast to enjoying a fun staff, some have described the pub as a sort of community center that keeps the locals and visitors quite satisfied.
Address: 2328 Irving St
(between 24th Ave & 25th Ave)
Phone: (415) 664-2555
The menu at Durty Nelly’s is enough to satisfy the taste buds of a patron hankering for a bit of Irish fare. You will find Burgers that include a Smokehouse (topped with Applewood smoked bacon), Jalapeno (featuring pickled jalapeno), and one made with ground lamb. Sides include hand-cut Kennebec fries, mashed potatoes, eggs, beans, and curry sauce.
However, it is the Traditional Irish Fare that is the highlight of Durty Nelly’s menu, and offers patron a taste of typical favorites, such as Bangers & Mash, Peppered Steak, Shepherd’s Pie, Chicken Curry Chips, Fish & Chips, and an Irish Breakfast including black and white puddings.
Other menu highlights include:
• An array of Irish Whiskey and Scotch that includes Bushmills, Jameson, Red Breast, Glenfiddich 12, Macallan 12, Paddy, Powers, and Johnny Walker Red and Black.
• House Specialties include Irish coffee topped with house whipped cream and brown sugar, and the Fluffy Pillow Shot – made with Smirnoff Marshmallow, pineapple and cranberry.
In addition to enjoying the garlic aioli or munching on a tenderly-cooked grilled BBQ chicken sandwich, past customers of Durty Nelly’s often praise the following menu items:
• Served with a thicker brown curry over thick steak fries, the Curry Fries have been described as ‘awesome’ to share at a table with friends – the combination of fries and curry have been called pretty unique.
• A decent pile of fries accompany the Beer Marinated Italian Sausage Sandwich, which is made with a flavorful, juicy sausage, grilled onions and peppers, and served on a soft, warm roll.
• Nelly’s Burger has been described as fantastic, and satisfies with garlic mayo and real bacon.
Closest Golden Gate Park Attractions
Some of the closest attractions in Golden Gate Park to Durty Nelly’s include Mallard Lake and Elk Glen Meadow.
Hours: Mon-Fri: from 12 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Sat-Sun: from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.