Located in the Outer Sunset neighborhood, Art’s Café is a family owned diner located close to Golden Gate Park, which is known for serving up highly rated traditional American breakfast items, lunches, and Korean cuisine. In the business for more than 60 years, the café has on more than one occasion earned accolades for serving the best breakfast in the city. With nicely-sized portions at affordable prices, Art’s Café continues to satisfy the taste buds of San Francisco diners.
Address: 747 Irving St
(between 8th Ave & 9th Ave)
Phone: (415) 665-7440
The Breakfast Menu at Art’s Café includes Eggs (including Spinach Scrambled Eggs made with onions, mushrooms, hot sausage and Jack cheese), Specialties (a range of hash brown sandwiches), Omelets (including a seafood one made with imitation crab, shrimp, mushrooms and onions), Pancakes, French Toast, and Side Orders, such as French fries and beef teriyaki.
The Lunch Menu is comprised of Sandwiches (such as the California Club or the simple B.L.T.), Burgers (including the San Francisco Burger with bacon and cheddar cheese served on grilled sourdough), and Korean Barbecue and Veggies – entrees served with rice and home-made kim chee or green salad. Tasty Korean BBQ selections include Barbecued Beef (Bul Go Kee), Barbecued Chicken (Dak Gooy), or Tofu Jun (served with marinated beef on Grilled Tofu, Green Onion and Sauce).
Other menu highlights include:
• The Grilled Banana French Toast (served with walnuts and whipped cream), which is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth in the morning.
• In addition to usual breakfast beverages, you may also choose from the Eye Opener (Orange Juice, Egg, Yogurt, Honey, Milk and Wheat Germ), Art’s Smoothie (Strawberry, Banana, Orange Juice and Yogurt), or the Energy Lunch (Orange Juice, Egg, Yogurt, Honey and Banana).
Both the breakfast and lunch menu items are served all day.
In addition to sampling the Teriyaki Chicken Salad or staying healthy with the Veggie Breakfast Sandwich, past customers often praise the following items served at Art’s Café:
• For a flavorful meal, consider ordering the Beef Teriyaki Hash Brown Sandwich, which instead of an egg omelet, you receive a hash brown omelet with a side of eggs, and there are plenty of different variations to consider.
• The Tofu Bi Bim Bop is noted for offering a ‘perfectly cooked’ egg placed on top of grilled tofu and veggies, and served on a bed of rice. Spicy sauce is drizzled, and has been called ‘one of the best things you can do for yourself in the morning.’
• The combination of fluffy egg and appetizing meat adds to the satisfaction level of the Avocado, Jack Cheese, and Bacon Omelet.
Closest Golden Gate Park Attractions
One of the closest attractions in Golden Gate Park to Art’s Café is the San Francisco Botanical Garden.
Hours: Tue-Fri – from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Sat – from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Sun – from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.